How to Use This Site

Looking for:
...a certain article or performance? Type keywords in the search bar.
...an old @Sloanmusic tweet? Check the Twitter Archive pages sorted by year.
...pretty much anything Sloan-related? Feel free to browse the site!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

100 greatest Canadian albums ever (20-1)

--taken from: CBC music


















Album: Twice Removed (1994)
Artist: Sloan

“I was right there in the thick of it when it came out, Sloan getting their Geffen record deal and I was in a band and we were getting our record deal. When I was coming up, they were definitely the most hyped band that I liked. I felt competitive with them because I knew my band at the time wasn’t as good, wasn’t as capable of making as good a record. I have a whole bunch of different feelings towards them, to be honest. Everyone in the band delivers solid tunes on it. I think that makes it a pretty special record. It’s a Canadian classic, but it’s not just a Canadian classic. It’s a good pop record.” — Brendan Canning (formerly of Broken Social Scene)

--taken from: CBC music

No comments:

Post a Comment