How to Use This Site

Looking for:
...a certain article or performance? Type keywords in the search bar.
...an old @Sloanmusic tweet? Check the Twitter Archive pages sorted by year.
...pretty much anything Sloan-related? Feel free to browse the site!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

On the Record with Taylor Knox

--taken from: Vue Weekly (read more here)



by Meaghan Baxter

VW: What were the recording sessions like for this album? Is this the kind of thing you recorded live or did you piece it together one track at a time? Why?

TK: I play drums, guitar and bass and have in the past played all of the instruments in my recordings. But I really believe in humans playing music together. I think there is something really special there—something you can’t get from jamming by yourself in a recording studio. So I invited my friends Spencer Cole (Weaves), Darcy Yates (Bahamas), Andrew Scott (Sloan) and Aaron Harvey (from my live band) to play with me, and it was such a good time. We did the most of the bed tracks live as a band, and I think you can really feel that energy in the final recordings.

--taken from: Vue Weekly (read more here)

No comments:

Post a Comment